|Hell's Kitchen Seasons|
|Why are you cooking scallops? We're not even open yet!
The following article is about something that has not happened yet, or happened very recently.
Season 20 of Hell's Kitchen was announced as FOX renewed it for two more seasons, along with Season 19. It aired on FOX between May 31 and September 13, 2021. Executive Chef Trenton Garvey was the winner of the season and was awarded the Head Chef position at Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, with a $250,000 salary.
18 contestants competed (dubbed Young Guns) during this season. The teams were divided by gender, male contestants in the blue team and female contestants in the red team. The contestants were (in alphabetical order):
|Kevin Argueta||22||Line Cook||Los Angeles, CA|
|Josie Clemens||Private Chef||Macomb, MI|
|Payton Cooper||21||Sous Chef||Lexington, KY|
|Trenton Garvey||23||Executive Chef||Union, MO|
|Sam Garman||22||Fleetwood, PA|
|Brynn Gibson||21||Line Cook||Providence, RI|
|Megan Gill||22||Denton, TX|
|Steve Glenn||21||Chef de Partie||Midlothian, VA|
|Ava Harren||22||Meal Prep Chef||Anchorage, AK|
|Emily Hersh||Line Cook||San Antonio, TX|
|Keanu Hogan||23||Private Chef||Baltmore, MD|
|Matthew Francis Johnson||24||Food Vlogger||Duluth, MN|
|Alex Lenik||22||Line Cook||Chicago, IL|
|Antonio Ruiz||23||Executive Chef||Great Falls, MT|
|Jay Smith||Private Chef||Kansas City, MO|
|Victoria Sonora||21||Jr. Sous Chef||Longmont, CO|
|Morgana Vesey||Sous Chef||New London, CT|
|Kiya Wilhelm||22||Head Chef||Barrelville, MD|
At the end of each episode, one chef from the losing team is eliminated by Ramsay.
|Final Service Brigades|
|NOM||Regular Nomination||Ramsay Nomination||Voided Nomination|
|OUT||Regular Elimination||Ramsay Nomination||Without Nomination|
|MISC||Ejected during service||Quit or Hospitalized||Best of the Best/Worst|
Here is the list of the episodes of that season, with links to detailed pages.
|01||Episode 2001 - Young Guns: Young Guns Come Out Shooting||May 31, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The eighteen Young Guns got a history lesson about the show's nineteen-season history, learned about the grand prize, cooked their Signature Dishes for Ramsay, and one chef had an anxiety attack after day one.|
|02||Episode 2002 - Young Guns: Temping the Meat||June 7, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: Alcohol was the main ingredient, Ramsay cut the fat early by sending somebody home in the challenge, and the 300th dinner service had one team disintegrate.|
|03||Episode 2003 - Young Guns: Come Hell or High Water!||June 14, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: Squid was the main ingredient, one team continued their winning streak, and one chef threw three of their teammates under the bus at elimination, leading to a record-breaking nomination amount from one team.|
|04||Episode 2004 - Young Guns: Young Guns Going Big||June 21, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: Both teams cooked a brunch service, an advantage was used, dinner service was rough on both ends, and Ramsay made a major switch up after the elimination.|
|05||Episode 2005 - Young Guns: Stirring the Pot||June 28, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The chefs deciphered emojis for dishes, one team finally broke their losing streak, and an early front runner lost their voice.|
|06||Episode 2006 - Young Guns: A Ramsay Birthday in Hell!||July 5, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: Ramsay hosted his eldest daughter's 21st birthday party, one team's luck continued to get better, and one chef lost their last chance to stay after serving the birthday girl bland food.|
|07||Episode 2007 - Young Guns: If You Can't Stand the Heat...||July 12, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: A blue chef joined the red team, the chefs cooked multi-cultural cuisine, and a once consistent chef completely shut down and fell apart at dinner service, leading to a shocking mid-service elimination.|
|08||Episode 2008 - Young Guns: A Devilish Challenge||July 19, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The Relay Challenge took place, Ramsay held private interviews, and five chefs cooked for their lives, leading to a shocking elimination.|
|09||Episode 2009 - Young Guns: A Game Show From Hell||August 9, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: One team had a clean sweep during the Spell's Kitchen challenge, a private dinner service was a disaster for both kitchens, and one chef's lack of leadership became their downfall.|
|10||Episode 2010 - Young Guns: More Than a Sticky Situation||August 16, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The twentieth annual Blind Taste Test took place, a strategic use of an advantage unnerved a consistent chef, and another lost their last chance to stay.|
|11||Episode 2011 - Young Guns: Swiping Right||August 23, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The chefs played the dating game for ingredients, one team fell apart on Steak Night, and one chef broke a promise to save themselves at elimination.|
|12||Episode 2012 - Young Guns: All Hell Breaks Loose||August 30, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The seven remaining chefs competed for black jackets, and two chefs lost out on getting them after a hard-fought battle.|
|13||Episode 2013 - Young Guns: Social Media in Hell||September 6, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The final five competed in their first black jacket challenge, dinner service had some bumps, and a shocking elimination of a fan favorite occurred.|
|14||Episode 2014 - Young Guns: Hell Hath No Fury...||September 6, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The final four grilled for beach patrons, took turns running the pass, and the final three was announced.|
|15||Episode 2015 - Young Guns: What the Hell||September 13, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: The final three reunited with their loved ones, cooked their final dishes, and the final two was announced.|
|16||Episode 2016 - Young Guns: Two Young Guns Shoot It Out||September 13, 2021|
|Episode Rundown: Megan and Trenton led their brigades in one final service, and the winner of Hell's Kitchen was crowned.|
- This season is called Hell's Kitchen: Young Guns, where all contestants are 24 years old or younger at the start of the competition.
- This is the third non-regular type of season where a group of chefs compete by their status in place of new talent, following Seasons 17 and 18.
- This is the first season where two punishment passes were handed out instead of one.
- This seasons holds the record for most nominees out of a single team with five. It defeated Seasons 10 and 17's original record, four.
- This season marks the first time where levelling the numbers and reassignments were done simultaneously during the team switch after the elimination. Therefore, this marks the first time Ramsay reassigned an odd number of chefs with five (three from the red team and two from the blue team).
- This season features the worst start for a team as the blue team lost the first four challenges and first three dinner services, a total of seven consecutive loses. This beats out Seasons 10 and 11's blue team that had five.
- This season is tied with Seasons 4 and 7 for the record of most joint-wins, with two.
- This marks the first time that nobody made it to Black Jackets after scoring a perfect five on the Signature Dish Challenge.
- This season set the record that four chefs who previously saved from Cook For Your Life challenge, were eliminated in next four consecutive weeks.
- This season holds the record for having the most contestants getting eliminated after a challenge, with five.
- This season is tied with Season 19 for having the most elimination-based challenges, with four.
- This season finally breaks the female winning streak since Season 13.
|Hell's Kitchen (U.S. TV series)|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10 • Season 11 • Season 12 • Season 13 • Season 14 • Season 15 • Season 16 • All-Stars • Rookies vs. Veterans • Las Vegas • Young Guns